MPPSC Exam is an exam conducted by the Madhya Pradesh Public Services Commission for the State Civil Service and Forest Services. The selected candidates join the services at the Group A and Group B posts. It is one of the toughest state Public Service Commission exams in India. The exam is held in three stages: prelim, main, and personal interview.
What are the best books to prepare for the MPPSC exam?
The first step towards success when attempting highly competitive and tough examinations is choosing the right books. The right study material and books along with the correct strategies, make the MPPSC exam preparation journey easier for the candidate. The MPPSC exam has a vast syllabus involving various subjects. To look for the detailed syllabus and obtain more study material specially curated for the MPPSC exam, visit BYJU’S Exam Prep.
Here is the list of recommended books for this exam preparation:
Books list for the preliminary stage
The prelim is an MCQ-based exam. It consists of two papers, each carrying 200 marks. Paper 1 is based on general studies, and paper 2 is aptitude-based. For exams such as prelims and mains, where anything can be asked due to an undefined exam pattern, it’s important to read newspapers regularly and attempt previous years’ question papers. The Madhya Pradesh government official website has revised acts and plans along with the standard books.
|NCERT standard books +state boards books from class 10th to class 12th of humanities, economics, and biology.|
|Modern Indian History||Rajiv Ahir of Spectrum Publication|
|M. Laxmikant’s Indian Polity (4th Edition or 5th Edition)||M. Laxmikant|
|Indian Economy||Ramesh Singh|
|Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations||RS Aggarwal|
|Fast Track Objective Arithmetic||Rajesh Verma|
|A New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal & Analytical – Verbal, Non – Verbal & Analytical||Arihant Publication|
|1. Madhya Pradesh Ek Parichay||McGraw-Hill publication|
|• MP General Knowledge||Arihant publications|
|• Pratiyogita Nirdeshika magazine|
Books list for the mains stage
|Class X-XII Social Studies and Economics NCERT books|
|Ancient History- old NCERTs and lucent|
|Medieval History- Old NCERT + Lucent|
|Modern History- Old NCERT + Lucent|
|For Social Issues: Vikaspedia + MP Govt website + Internet (selectively)|
|General Hindi + Grammar||Lucent and Chanchal Jain|
|Indian Economy||Ramesh Singh|
|Ethics||Lexicon (English)/M. Karthikeyan(TMH)/The Hindu|
|MP GK||Maheshwari/Arihant Publication|
|EssayHindi magazines – Pratiyogita Darpan.||Nimband Manjusha|
Some additional tips for effective preparation of the MPPSC exam
• Know the syllabus: Thoroughly reviewing the syllabus allows candidates to know what to study and which subjects to give higher priority.
• Have a timetable: A realistic timetable that can be followed daily, with dedicated hours every single day to cover all the topics.
• Make notes: Handwritten notes while studying help retain the information for a longer period. They also help clear concepts more effectively.
• Focus on high weightage topics: Some subjects have high weightage; that is, the number of questions asked from that particular subject is higher. Therefore, you should focus more on those topics.
• Multiple revisions: Reading fewer topics several times is always a better preparation strategy than reading several topics just once. Revise important topics multiple times before the final examination for retaining and a better understanding of the concepts.
• Attempt mock tests and solve previous years’ question papers: The preparation is incomplete without solving mock tests. Since this exam is very lengthy, it should be tackled with proper time management—something that only comes with adequate practice. On a final note, practicing the previous year’s test must not be skipped. Generally, questions get repeated. Rigorous practice will keep stress at bay in the exam. Good luck!
The MPPSC Exam 2022 is a tough examination, but with the right strategies and study material, one can clear this examination with flying colors. Books are a very significant part of examination preparation. Another important thing is previous years’ question papers, MPPSC mock tests, and an expert who can help you with doubts and queries. BYJU’S Exam Prep is the right place to start.